This course is designed for those who want to become private, non-medical Maternity Nurses, those who would like to further their skills when looking after new-borns and those who are already experienced and would like to receive a qualification to get more recognition in their profession.
HATA Maternity Nurse training is the most intensive in the industry, requiring 4 days (2 weekends) in the classroom in order to achieve Level 4. Students may choose a 2 day option to achieve the Level 3. The extra time in the classroom allows students to interact with the trainer and reflect on their personal experience, particularly that acquired between the first and second weekends.
The courses are held in central London (Victoria).
These are some of the topic areas covered during the course:
• Role and responsibilities of the Maternity Nurse
• Health and care of newborns: bathing and skin/hair care, cord care, illness, safety and hygiene
• Infant feeding: breastfeeding, tongue tie, winding, bottle feeding
• Sleep in newborns, swaddling, Sudden Infant Death Sydrome
• Health and care of mothers in the postnatal period: diet and nutrition, emotional support, postnatal depression, rest and healing
• Working with families: attachment and bonding, routines, understanding cultural variations, assertiveness, professionalism
• Working as a Maternity Nurse: Self-Employment, contracts, interviews and CV, getting work as a Maternity Nurse
The level 4 course should only be attended by students who have already gained some experience as a maternity nurse (or junior maternity nurse) and completed the Level 3 course with HATA or another accredited organisation.
The course content:
• Developmental stages from foetal development to 1 years age
• Understanding how ethnicity, gender and disability shape early childhood experiences
• Theories associated with attachment and maternal separation
• Feeding problems and solutions
• Identifying suitable methods for increasing milk supply
• Working with babies with GER and GERD
• Postnatal Depression
• Understanding legislation for safeguarding and welfare of young children
• Caring for babies with additional needs
• Evaluating personal values and beliefs when working as Maternity Nurse
• Identifying limitations of a Maternity Nurse
£425.00 – Level 3
£299.00– Level 4 ( must have completed Level 3)
£644.00 – Level 3 & 4
£425.00 – Level 5 (Coming Soon)
Course Booking Fee & Instalment Plan Total
Level 3 £40 fee then £20 for 20 weeks £440.00
Level 4 ( if you completed Level 3) £40 fee then £25 for 11 weeks £275.00
Level 3 & 4 £40 fee then £25 for 25 weeks £665.00
|Maternity Nursing Course OCN Levels 3 & 4 - 27th & 28th of October 2018||4th Floor 103A Oxford Street, London, W1D 2HG||
|Maternity Nursing Course OCN Level 4 Only - 28th of October 2018||4th Floor 103A Oxford Street, London, W1D 2HG||
|Maternity Nursing Course OCN Levels 3 & 4 - 24th & 25th of November 2018||4th Floor 103A Oxford Street, London, W1D 2HG||
|Maternity Nursing Course OCN Level 4 - 8th of December 2018||4th Floor 103A Oxford Street, London, W1D 2HG||
Hata change my life,i meet new friends,the trainer was a lovely women Julie,she maked me have confidence in me,i meet new friends and i introduced old friends,this course is amazing i applied lot of things i learned in my practice and i can see the difference,I feel more secure i feel that i know perfect what i am doing.So if you love babies,if you Want to earn good money or just feel more confident taking care of your new baby definitely just HATA i guarantee you wont regret !:)
I have completed all my training through HATA (apart from my Hypnobirthing Practitioner) Sleep Training, Healthy Eating, First Aid, Maternity Nurse Training and the OFSTED Course. I have made a lot of friends through HATA a lot of which I speak to on a daily basis. I will continue to promote HATA to all my friends and those in this profession. I can honestly say that every course I have done with HATA has affected my profession in a good way. I have also made so many life long friends.
"After taking the Common Core Skills course I also decided to take a maternity course after my very positive experience with HATA. All the trainers were so professional and had lots of experience in their fields. It really gave me a newfound confidence in my skills, especially after my boss went on to have a second baby."